Originally Posted By: Dignan
I wasn't entirely clear on that whole description. Are you saying you're surprised that Flash IS working or ISN'T working? If it IS working, then I'm the one who's surprised, because Flash doesn't work in 2.1, just 2.2 with the Flash app installed.

It worked on the iPad without Flash, because the site gave my iPad an HTML 5 version. The same site on the Samsung Captive gave me Flash content, and inside the black flash video window, it gave me the "Flash Player upgrade required" button.

Bruno spin or not, I've so far had better luck watching videos online using my iPhone 4 or iPad then I have the Samsung Captivate. Call it Apple brainwashing if you want, but many sites have indeed moved to supporting HTML 5 video, but usually only for the iDevices. Kinda wish they would do so for Safari and Chrome too.

And I'm pretty certain at this point the phone has some version of Flash running, possibly Flash Lite. I just can't figure out how to tell for sure. I've now seen a number of places where a Flash logo appears and a small 9, indicating to me the phone is trying, and failing to load the SWF. Flash Lite has been out for ages on phones, it's just mostly worthless since it isn't anywhere close to supporting desktop Flash.

Edited by drakino (30/07/2010 02:57)