Originally Posted By: tman
Whilst I don't know how you'd do better since all smartphones have loads of icons, I don't see how thats "clean". Its just a mass of icons and widgets. You not use the multiple screens?

Meh. Your opinion. I think it looks better than when it has the text under the icons. Fine, I'll say it's "Cleaner." I've also tweaked it since then, taking some of it off.

And no, I have a single home screen. IMO, if you have more than two screens that you have to swipe between, it takes far longer to get to an icon you need by swiping. The three icons on the top right (the ones with text) are actually widgets that act like folders (they don't let me take the text off). Those apps are two taps away, and I find that quicker than even one swipe and a tap.

Anyway, I have pretty quick access to everything on my phone - that I use - with my current setup. Nothing is more than one screen press away.

Originally Posted By: tman
I just use Launcher Pro along with some widgets like the calendar and Google Voice. All the random items which I don't use all the time get stuck on one of the extra screens which I just swipe left/right to get to.

Sorry, you added this after I started my reply. I was using Launcher Pro, but from what I've seen, Zeam is faster. I also wanted to minimize the widgets I use, as those can slow things down and clutter up the screen. I'm down to three widgets: Tweetdeck, which posts to Twitter and Facebook in one widget; Power Control Plus, which lets me toggle almost anything on my phone; and App Organizer for organizing the remaining apps that I don't have on my home screen.

Edited by Dignan (27/01/2011 15:44)