Ok, so first WTF moment, plugging it into my Mac. Phone goes into a mode saying "MTP Application" at the top, big USB plug in the middle, and animated dots saying connected. Home, menu, search and back buttons do nothing, and the notification bar won't open. iPhoto launched on my Mac, so I assume MTP Application is some Android speak for "I'm in photo upload mode".

First instinct, lets search for USB settings. Search, well, didn't help as typing in USB just appears to show a bunch of web suggestions, and it's not seeing any phone settings. Though to be fair, this trick only works on OS X, and not search on the iPhone. Ok, lets browse around in settings. Nothing really stood out, until Caleb linked me an article that pointed me in the direction of looking under "Applications" to find "USB Settings". Why is it under Applications? Anyhow, I changed it from "Samsung Kies" to "Ask on Connection". Still have really no idea what the difference is between all my options. I have "Media player" "Mass storage" "PC Internet" and the Samsung entry. Mass Storage doesn't show anything on my Mac, even when I hit mount on the phone. Media Player does the same thing as Kies, switching to MTP Application and rendering the phone useless. PC Internet does nothing, even though my Mac saw a new network interface. Guess I'll go grab Doubletwist to figure out how to get my music and photos onto this thing.

Quote:
Tell me, on the iPhone, can you download new episodes over the air?

Yes, as long as it's under 20MB. Otherwise it requires WiFi. You can however stream the full episode over the air if desired.

And I'll look into your suggestion. First podcast app I tried is Google Listen, and well, it failed to find "This Week in Tech" when I tried searching for it, or even just TWIT. $8 though has me pondering other solutions for now.

As for other things, I did resync my contacts to Google from the OS X Address Book, and this time it seems it didn't nuke GTalk people off my list. Also set up CalDAV in iCal and brought over my calendar. Not as painless here, had to export it, then reimport it specifically into the Google account.