Doubtful I'd get even a portion of my list to move to Google Talk. And overall, I still prefer AIM to it anyhow. I like Google Talk for being a jabber based service, but overall I've seen much better reliability and uptime from AIM. Dropping AIM would mean dropping ~70 people off my list. And thats not going to happen just to keep a phone that ultimately has been a huge disappointment.

Tried to use Google Navigation again tonight. Worked fine for leading me to a friends house. I then spent 10 minutes there before we headed out somewhere. In that time, the phone dropped off the data network and wouldn't reconnect. Rebooted to resolve that issue, then tried to navigate to our destination. 15 minutes later we were there, and the phone was still lost.

Left the phone in the car, since I figured it wouldn't be too happy in Lake Travis (Saw Jaws tonight while sitting on an intertube in the lake). After the movie tried navigation again, and no GPS lock occurred until 10 minutes later.

I did want to try Android for a full month, but realistically, I need a working phone including GPS. I'll likely take this back this weekend, and write up a final summary of sorts of things I did like (and yes, there were some benefits I saw), along with the outstanding issues that would need to be addressed in some way before I try this again. A coworker picked up an Evo tonight, I'm curious to see what he thinks about it on Monday.