It shows up for a brief moment when in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications. It does resolve to show the normal name and icon usually pretty quickly, though it's there long enough for me to make it out.

The full names do show in "Running services" under process too. That whole screen just is a nightmare for a non techie, and even someone like myself is a bit confused at first when entering it. Whats an SnSService, should I tap to stop it? What about OmaDrmConfigService?

I think I should just drop the whole trying to evaluate the phone as a typical consumer, as I'm pretty much determined I'd never recommend one to a non techie at this point. Even ignoring the Samsung or AT&T specifics, it's just not an experience I can see people being satisfied with. It is very much a built by engineers for engineers platform, at least from my experiences so far. I want to try and give the platform an honest chance, and may consider trying to get to just a "pure" Android experience somehow, but so far the flaws and unpolished areas are definitely overshadowing anything that might be nice here.

I wanted to say I saw the full names in the Marketplace too, but now I can't find it. I did however spot an oddity, one app priced at UK£1.99. Does the marketplace not translate into the local currency? I'm seeing that app alongside another reporting US$1.99.