Matt pointed me to something last night showing off 2.2 features, and one is a simple passcode entry screen for the exchange lock. I'll probably turn it back on once 2.2 comes out, as tapping out a 4 digit PIN on a large T9 entry screen isn't that bad.

I haven't used the visual password lock on mine, since it seems a bit too easy to crack. I managed to unlock 2 devices at work a while back, with the owners somewhat puzzled at first. All I did was tilt the device sideways slightly and look for the clear smudge trail tracing out a pattern. With the passcode, the taps blend in with the frequent taps used to operate the device.

Oh, update on the alarm, it's been working fine for snooze now. Maybe the first time I pressed stop accidentally, as I am quite blind without my glasses on. I'm not fully willing to trust it since the buttons are so close. With the Chumby or iPhone, snooze functions are much easier to hit then the turn off alarm, so my half awake self usually doesn't defeat them so easily.

Attached is the mail view I get on my phone, with the blue bar being the useless IMAP folder selector I was pointing out earlier. Any ideas if this is actually an Android mail client, or some Samsung creation? (Managed to find a screenshot function, using an iPhone camera :-)

Attachments
IMG_0004.jpg

Description: Android mail