Tom, I'd also recommend an app that Bitt clued me into:

Apps Organizer

It's funny, iOS just got folders, and I'm already onto the next thing.

I'm obsessed with how my apps are organized on my primary home screen, and Apps Organizer has really helped. Half of the app is a screen that shows all the apps on the phone. In this screen you can apply to each app any of a set of labels (you can change the labels). The other half of the app is the ability to create a widget on your home screen for any of those labels, which creates an icon. When you press that icon, you can a window with all the apps to which you've applied that label.

As someone who maximizes efficiency on his home screen, the part I really like is stars. On the screen where you apply labels to each app, you can also star the apps individually. This lets me launch the widgets and only show starred apps, the 4-8 I use most often in any category of apps, and puts them front and center. The other apps, that I might use once every two weeks to two months, get hidden and don't take up space.

Bitt, is there anything else you're liking about Apps Organizer?

Oh, and Tom, have you gone through the various Android threads on the board here and downloaded some other recommended apps? I'm curious if there are any that you've enjoyed.

Edited by Dignan (27/07/2010 12:42)