Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Originally Posted By: msaeger
I was watching some videos and I can't imagine how Swype with one finger would be faster than being able to use two thumbs.

The notion is that you don't have to be as precise. I personally find that normal typing is easier and faster.

I gave Swype a good long trial period, but in the end I just didn't like it at all. Not only did I not find it faster in the long run, I found it far slower because it would frequently get words wrong, necessitating that I delete the word and try it again. For a while, I was trying to use it with a mix of typing and swiping, but then I just felt like I might as well type all the time.

Personally, I've found that SwiftKey is phenomenal. I prefer it to Swype because with Swype, you have to rely on the swipe mechanism to use the keyboard. With Swiftkey, it's basically just a very advanced version of the built-in keyboard, it just has FAR better predictive capabilities from the start, and learns your own patterns as you use it. Because of this, you are at the very least as fast as you would be with a standard typing keyboard, but in some cases I've tapped out 10-word sentences in about 12-14 screen presses.