I don't think I can express to everyone how frustrating this calendar problem has been. Google is deaf to the users in their "support" forums. I've brought up the issue in at least three Android user forums. I've sent the question to 2 or 3 Android blogs. I've emailed tech journalists. I haven't received a single response, even on any of the forums (now including this one).

I'll say this, the issue its self (events made on Android later appear as invitations) is a small one. It's still very annoying to me, though. But the bigger issue I see is that there's an obvious bug, yet Google has decided not to listen to user feedback. It continues to amaze me that in this day and age, with all the technology available to companies, and with an internet-centric company like Google, they still refuse to accept any feedback from the people who use their products.

I understand that the users don't always know the best thing to do. But how would it hurt Google to put one person on their own support forums to listen to users and respond to them, perhaps passing on obvious bugs like this to the appropriate team in the company? Every time I post on Google's own forums, I feel like I'm talking into a void. Do they really want their customers to feel like that?

Anyway, please, if you use an Android phone and you have a secondary Google calendar, could you please simply try adding an event to it on your phone, then check that event on your computer and see if it shows up as an event or an invitation? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.