From an outsider's perspective, it seems to me that Android has regressed much of what other companies had advanced in the Smart Phone game. And that's leaving Apple completely out of the picture. I've never heard of the mass consumer really having a problem with a BlackBerry, Treo or Nokia phone.

Tom's descriptions and the reviews don't jive at all with what's being promoted in the commercials. And here we're ignoring the Verizon Droid and the HTC Evo commercials because those don't promote phones at all - does anyone even understand those commercials? I think they're going to end up the like Taco Bell dog spots. Fun/funny to watch, while leading to lower (and lost) sales for the companies.

Anyway, at this stage I have an affinity for Android (and Meego as well) from a development standpoint and for the purposes of integrating custom designs on those platforms. But from a consumer phone perspective, at this stage, I can't think of anything as horrible. Maybe WinCE... Though at least it had easy-ish syncing.