Originally Posted By: Dignan
In 2.2, though... It's like - shocker! - I can browse the freaking internet!

Wait, so up until 2.2, the Nexus One wouldn't let you browse the internet? I was able to do that in 2007 with my iPhone :-P

Joking aside, has having Flash really made a difference for you browsing now that you have had it for a little while? If I remember right, Bitt indicated he turned it off. I still don't honestly see the usefulness of it on a mobile myself. The type of browsing I do on the go is usually idle reading of a few news related sites, maybe a comic or two, and possibly videos linked off social networks. The only time the lack of Flash affects me slightly is on the iPad, with it being a larger form factor device, it's been natural to do a bit more browsing on it. Being that there isn't a viable Froyo Android tablet to compete with the iPad yet, I still see enough pressure out there to get more sites to move to standards adopted by Microsoft, Apple, Mozilla, Google and Opera instead of Adobe. For a lot of people, Flash means video, and the iPad works fine with video off most sites, including the big ones like ABC, CBS, Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and others.