Originally Posted By: drakino
It shows up for a brief moment when in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications. It does resolve to show the normal name and icon usually pretty quickly, though it's there long enough for me to make it out.

Ah okay. That does happen on other Android devices. It'll show you every package installed on that screen including system ones which you can't remove or alter. It is a bit strange to expose that to the end users though.

The end user app screen is within the Market app. That shows only items that you've installed yourself. Only with the Market though unfortunately. If you've manually installed something then you need to trawl through the app list in settings to find it again.

The full names do show in "Running services" under process too.

Not sure what screen you're talking about here.

I wanted to say I saw the full names in the Marketplace too, but now I can't find it.

As others have pointed out, the reversed domain IDs are what each individual app is identified by. Similar to the system used in Java I guess.

I did however spot an oddity, one app priced at UK£1.99. Does the marketplace not translate into the local currency? I'm seeing that app alongside another reporting US$1.99.

It displays whatever the developers currency is bizarrely. Not sure why it does that since it doesn't make much sense.

IMO Android 2.0 should have been 1.0 and even now in 2.2 there are some rough edges which need to be fixed. I'm okay with the platform and I use an Android handset as my phone still.