Originally Posted By: Dignan
The stuff you mention about what's exposed to the user doesn't worry me either. You have to dig a little deep to get to that, don't you? I don't know why a regular user would care about that stuff or even find their way there.

It's one menu option away from where users have to go to uninstall apps. Odds are, most people will poke their head in at some point if they see it near a section they use frequently. Oh, that reminds me, another deceptive thing about the Samsung interface (and maybe pure Android) is how to uninstall apps. If I press and hold on an icon, a trash can appears at the bottom. It seems that is how you remove icons off the main screens, but oddly it shows up when in the full application launcher too. Dragging to the icon makes it turn red, and does nothing when you drag an app there.
Originally Posted By: tman
The end user app screen is within the Market app. That shows only items that you've installed yourself. Only with the Market though unfortunately. If you've manually installed something then you need to trawl through the app list in settings to find it again.

Until you pointed that out, I had no idea I could remove apps from the Market app. Market -> Menu button -> Downloads -> Click an app -> Uninstall seems like a buried place to put it, especially since no text leading up to the final button indicates uninstall.

Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications (complete with text about manage and remove installed apps) is what I came across first. And none of the built in apps show up in either place. I'm still stuck with my crapware.

Also had my first experience with Flash. I clicked a link in my Twitter feed that went to a video player indicating "Flash Player upgrade required". Clicked "Get Flash Player", and I'm lead to a page that says "Sorry, Adobe Flash Player is not available from Adobe.com for your device..." The same link on my iPad leads to a working video. So does that mean I somehow have flash on this thing, but it's not a version that does anything? Settings in the browser just has a simple checkbox to turn on or off plugins, nothing lists what is installed. Even tried the normal about:plugins URL, and nothing.