Here's my take...

Google TV is always going to have an ugly-ass UI and it's never going to work quite right. That's how Google rolls and it's not going to change here. Like everything Google, this device will always remain somewhat of an enigma, with no one actually understanding quite what it is. It's not a streamer, it's not a rental box, it's..... Who the hell knows.

The Boxee box is not going to integrate with a Dish DVR. It may never do so. It's possible one day, provided the Dish PVR supports browsing its content over a network and they share their DRM with Boxee, otherwise forget about it. It's possible the Boxee UI will appear on other integrated products in the future however, so we can't rule out a Dish product with Boxee inside. Won't hold my breath for that one though.

If the Boxee Box doesn't live up to my expectations, I'll return it, so I feel pretty safe with the pre-order in that regard. I've already mentioned my biggest gripes with the software platform in the other thread, though I don't expect them to be resolved in the first software release for the Box (except maybe the article sorting)