Originally Posted By: Dignan
I'm hoping for is cached cover art,

That's not coming in this update. Supposedly it's in the next one. It's nice to hear they have already scheduled some of this stuff.

There's a list of the fixes posted in a sticky thread in the forum, plus some other notes scattered around.

Article ignoring is coming in this release but I don't know yet if it's a hard-coded list and setting, or a preference for both (or either). Supposedly they're also expanding the support for "nfo" files to include some title details, allowing your to override the scraper. That is also supposed to be scheduled for expansion to allow complete overriding of all data associated with a title, as included in XBMC. While a total geek-oriented feature it's good to know it's coming because it can help to future-proof the device should Boxee fold and shut down its DB servers. Though one would hope if they folded that there would be some provision for changing the server addresses the Box uses, allowing someone else to host data (or point it to a local copy).

I believe a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this update, even though a list of fixes has been posted on the forum for at least a week. Fixing this box is going to be a process that's going to take many releases. There's no silver bullet.

With regards to Vudu, I don't know if the app alone would be enough. It might have some dependencies included in this update. I'm also not sure if it will be built-in or downloaded like pretty much all the other apps.

While the update isn't live yet, they've definitely done something to their servers as I'm now able to resolve a number of TV shows I wasn't able to before today - they always produced an error. I still have a bunch of stuff I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get working in Boxee properly. Mostly foreign language animated TV shows. A lot of Anime in Portuguese for instance. smile