Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Hulu's success still isn't guaranteed, but without these devices, there's no way they'd have even the slimmest of chances at profitability. No one is going to pay money to watch TV on their computers, let alone in a web browser.

I don't think that's true at all. I would certainly pay, but what I get in return has to be reasonable, and it's going to be quite a long time before that's the case. The networks keep dipping their toes into the water then running away scared. It's going to take a while before they grow up and dive in.

Quote:
Did you happen to ask Avner about filtering out articles when sorting? And about the FFWD/REW performance?

I did ask about articles in my last reply to him. We'll see what he says. I didn't ask about seek performance because frankly, I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. I see no performance issues. Sometimes I think it skips a little too far in either direction, but that's not a performance issue, just a programming one, and I can live with it.

Quote:
How about the best question of all. Why on earth did they take out all this stuff POST shipping in the first place? Were they trying to piss off 100% of their new customers?

Heh, well, quite frankly, that would be counter-productive. I'm just pleased there's a dialog and they're listening to the complaints I have. That complaint wouldn't help anything wink

The only point in my email that I did get a little heated was one of my points about the difficulty of accessing local media. The annoyance I had with the change was that they focus on their online content, and I think I told him it was "just terrible," possibly repeating that. To be fair, it's true. I tried queuing up a couple of those movies, and they're just not good. I mean, I like independent movies but the crap on there... I don't know what that is. smile