Bruno, the impression I got from Avner was that while they may not, by default, make local media front and center, his wording implied that for the people who want that they would make it possible to do it. Frankly, my suggestions to him for a customizable home screen would make all of this moot. It would let me choose how I want to use the Box.

As for home videos, it seemed that he was open to making that happen. I suggested an extreme example of how they might handle it: perhaps a string in a video's filename, accompanied by identically named txt and image files for metadata and cover art respectively. In return I think he said at the very least they could let users identify a folder of media content as home videos. Really, anything would be better than what we have now, which is navigating through about 10 button presses to manually go through shared folders.

Bruno, he addressed your articles issue. I think he's open to finding a way to address the issue, at least putting in an option to honor articles in sorting.

One thing that excited me quite a bit, but that he couldn't solidly confirm, is that judging by the language he used when replying to my questions about Netflix, is that it sounds like the Netflix app will be like the PS3 version, with 1080p and surround audio tracks. That would be fantastic.