I got my Boxee Box! I'm really going to need to take a while to get to know this device before I give a proper impression. I can certainly say that this is NOT the box for the average consumer. To them I still say "get the Roku, or if you have a lot in iTunes, get an AppleTV." The Boxee Box is simply too difficult to start using (hell, I'm having my own difficulties with it). But that might be due to what I want to do with it, which is watch my own content. If you just wanted to watch the random stuff them have ready for you, I guess it's kind of easy to use.

Question for you, Bruno: do you know of a way to watch Youtube in a normal way? All I can find is Youtube Leanback which I DESPISE. You launch it and it immediately starts playing a random video that you can't pause, even to let the buffer catch up. It's maddening. And there's no way to see my favorites and such. I really hate it.

Also, I'm missing that menu that would come up when you scrolled over to the left while looking at movies or TV shows. That menu let me change the sort order of my shows. By default, it lists TV episodes in reverse chronological order, which I don't want, and it doesn't look like I can change that!

*edit*

ps- It's still very slow when creating its database. It's been about 90 minutes now and it's not done making its way through 45 movies and 6 TV shows...

Edited by Dignan (11/11/2010 19:32)