Oh, did I mention yet that requiring a username (registration in general) to use Boxee is infuriating? And when using the Box (for the first time) it's just a painful exercise in frustration. Though switching users is also a bit of a PITA. Too bad, because if you have a kid in the house it would be nice to be able to have a different local library defined for them.

The biggest PITA is that you can't use whatever name you want either. I mean, it's my box. Why does Boxee have to check with the server to see if anyone else is using the name I want to use? They already have your email address as the primary differentiating piece of information. Why can't there by two "Smiths?" When implementing a community, don't key off the user name.

So now for my own private box I have to have a user name with a number in it. So if I want to have multiple user names for people in the house, instead of having "Bruno" and "Erin" and "Olivia" I have to have something like "Bruno8736" "Erin47343" and "Olivia3221" - shortsighted.