I think for most setup and real messing around with the HTPC, I would probably run a remote X session to my laptop, so a full sized keyboard just isn't needed. For those installation times when you do need to plug something in, the USB keyboard that comes with the Acer is small and neat, and it'd work just fine.

So, back to the small keyboard for day-to-day launching apps with gnome-do, typing search queries into Boxee and whatnot. The Rii looks cool, I did see it on my quick search, its definitely on my shortlist.

Its a shame that the Boxee remote isn't backlit, and yeah Matt I too think it would be better with just a few more buttons. I blame the Apple influence. Wish it had an accelerometer chip in there so it knows what way up the remote is and turn off the buttons on the bottom, that would be a neat feature. I think the lack of touchpad/trackball on there rules it out for me from a HTPC perspective rather than something that is a pure Boxee Box.

I've still got some time before the Acer ends up under a TV so I can think about it a bit. The diNovo is twice the price of the Rii (a third of the price of the Acer Revo!)... I think once its actually under a TV and I figure out how much I use it, I'll also figure out whether its worth it.