Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I do still wish that more people would learn from TiVo's really simple left and right (in and out / forward and back) method of entering and exiting menus. All this having to press a menu key which actually means "back" (copying Apple's lame iPod UI) is really annoying (Boxee does this).

MythTV used to be simple (Right-in, Left-out) like that too. Then they decided it was too intuitive or something, so they added more bling images and made the Left-out stop functioning in *half* of the places.. Doh!

I patched the source code in my copy of 0.23 here to restore sane navigation again -- works very very well, patched. That's what is holding me back from upgrading to 0.24: having to redo all of those patches again.

But it'll happen sooner than later now, I think, because an increasing number of downloads give jerky playback on 0.23, yet are smooth on the 0.24 trial I have on the HD-ID11 box. For now, I just let the TV play back the ones that MythTV 0.23 has trouble with. Handy, that feature. smile

Cheers