Bruno, I just received a response from Avner (we're totally on a first name basis now, real BFFs). Here's what he says:
  • A new question from me was whether they'd support Amazon VOD. What with the whole big Amazon preorder, it seemed they'd work pretty closely with them: "we are talking with Amazon, but not sure when we will be able to make it happen" - that's unfortunate, but I have it on my Tivo at least, it just doesn't work that great there.
  • Another new question I had for him was about the upcoming Netflix app. I wanted to know if it was the "old" Netflix, where you could only see your queue (which shipped with Google TV) or the "new" Netflix where you could browse the library and find everything that was available (like on the 360). Turns out it's possibly better than I was hoping: "new. new UI. HD movies. you will love it." - clearly it's not the old version, but this sounds like it could be the version that's on the PS3! That would be fantastic! 1080p and [possibly even better] 5.1 surround! I might be reading into that, but I'm keeping my hopes up smile
  • Now your questions: I asked about only seeing 8 items at a time: "right now it's static" - interesting choice of words, but I wouldn't expect to see that change very soon.
  • Will we be able to mark shows as watched/unwatched? "Yes. Its coming back."
  • Will we be able to sort by watched/unwatched? "yes."

I didn't ask this in the email chain, but on Twitter I asked Boxee support about another issue I'm having. Last night I was watching one of my local videos, and no less than three times - possibly four - the video paused and started buffering. It was as smooth as I've seen video buffering done, and it didn't take very long, like 5 seconds at most, but it was still irritating.

I'll be emailing a Boxee support person about it. He asked how my Box was connected, which is a valid question, and I am hooked up via "200"Mbps powerline, but whatever speed it's running at was more than enough for my WDTV, which never once had a problem streaming video like this. I'm worried that the BB might cache too little video. It definitely doesn't pull down more than 30 seconds or so ahead, it seems...