I have to agree with Trevor. I hardly see it as "listening to customer feedback" when you cancel a product line due to poor sales. I know that's one form of feedback, but it's really the most basic, and what company doesn't listen to that particular form of feedback? I'm not going to give Apple any credit for that one wink

Now that I think about it, a better example would be the return of buttons on the shuffle. I don't know any sales numbers, but I suspect they had something to do with that as well.

Originally Posted By: drakino
The iPad retains the screen rotation lock in 4.2, it's just changed to mirror the way it was implemented on the iPhone when 4.0 came out.

Are you talking about the physical switch on the side? Because I was under the impression that it was being changed back to a mute button. If that's what you mean, I don't think I'd be a very happy iPad customer. I get the whole "consistent experience" thing, but like I said, why not give people the option?

Besides, how often do you need a hardware mute button on your iPad? I know for certain that if I had one, my answer would be "a tiny fraction of the number of times I turn in bed while reading" wink

But hey, I might have been following the story incorrectly. Please let me know if I'm wrong.