Matt, I still haven't played with the new UI. I was afraid I was also going to really miss the left menu - it was probably the smartest options menu I've ever seen implemented on any device. I could tune up the navigation of the remote buttons, but other than that, the concept was sound. I'm actually pissed off I didn't think of it first since it's even better than what I had thought up when I was designing this type of product. I think what they have now might be closer to what I had originally come up with for options setting.

Are you scanning over a network (wired or wireless)? Or directly connected USB drive?

Last night I set my friend's system up with a directly connected USB drive and it was pretty slow-going, but it had indexed some 300 movies in maybe an hour. What I really want to know is where it's saving all the information it's indexing.... If you unplug the drive for a day, add a couple of movies and then plug it back, how long will it take for the new content?

Unfortunately I'm not going to have time to play with it tomorrow. My place is an utter disaster zone right now and tomorrow night we have a visitor from the Netherlands and on Sunday we have my parents coming to stay with us for two weeks to help take care of our daughter while our daycare person is away on holidays. So I need to make myself really busy tomorrow cleaning and setting up a bunch of stuff. Plus moving all the boxes I just picked up from the US today... My DVDO, full PSB Imagine surround speaker set and a few other toys including my new URC MX-980 remote. wink I'm finally going to be able to stop using that POS Harmony 880. Phew.

Edited by hybrid8 (11/11/2010 22:11)