Thanks Matt. I wish I had the energy to write to them myself.

I had brought up a number of issues with the previous UI in their forum as well, so I agree with you, some simplification was needed. What I miss about it the most however is the left-side options setting. That was a very convenient and workable solution to the issue of quickly making on-the-fly changes to your current view.

From what I've seen of their top-mounted menu, it doesn't work in that way, so in addition to adding back some of what they've removed in terms of options, they're going to have to come up with a way to shoe-horn that into their current UI scheme while making it easy and fast to modify.

If you have his ear however, you might as well also mentioned the issues I had long ago written about... Ignoring articles when sorting (this needs to have the ability for the user to define articles if it has any hope of working with titles in multiple languages), skip commands performed quickly show poor performance in moving through the video - no longer freezes, but still kinda crappy.