Originally Posted By: hybrid8
...I can have multiple devices connected to my TV at the same time with a single HDMI connection at the back of the set itself. So today I'll have to swap Boxee for my Sage TV Extender.

That's what I do, at least until I get a receiver that can handle HDMI. At the moment I have a cheap little Monoprice 4-port HDMI switch, and the beauty of the model I got is that the two outputs are HDMI, which goes to my TV, and TOSLINK, which goes into my receiver. It's nice not having to change the input on the TV, just the receiver and the switch. It's not fewer devices I have to switch between, but my TV doesn't have three HDMI ports on the back, and I'd still have to run audio from each of the components to the receiver anyway, so this still cuts down on at least three cables. I'll be replacing my WDTV Live on that switch with the Boxee, so we're basically doing the same thing.

I still don't know how your Best Buy, in Canada, got the Box so early, because the stores around here have no idea what I'm talking about. I also can't believe it took me so long to figure out why I wouldn't get my overnight shipment on the 11th. It's a holiday! Does UPS take that off?

*edit*
Hmm, I guess not. I also just remembered that UPS doesn't tend to handle my overnight Amazon shipments. If the company that's delivering it does observe Veteran's Day, I would have been better off saving the $4 and getting it through UPS...

Basically, what I'm saying Bruno, is that I'm jealous!

*edit 2*
Just compared Best Buy .com/.ca, and it looks like they sell the Box in Canada but not the US. Strange...

Edited by Dignan (10/11/2010 16:57)