The update did exactly what I wanted it to do: put my local content front and center (if I want it to be - you can still set it the other way).

So now, when you bring up the pop-up menu and select "Shows," it immediately takes you to your own shows, which is just what I wanted. I believe "Apps" even takes you to your favorited apps instead of the full list of apps like it did before (I think - I have to test that again).

I haven't delved into the other stuff much, though. I can't even remember what the other changes were. There's sorting stuff, but I don't need that yet.

Other than some bug fixes, the only real major issue with the Boxee Box is the lack of content partners they promised would come. I'm pretty sure they're well past the vague timeframe they gave for Netflix, and closing in on when they promised Vudu. I believe there was no timeframe on Hulu Plus, and given their past battles I'm not surprised it's taking a bit of time.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they had another update out by the end of the week, if not the end of the year. At least, that's my hope...