Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Apple, IMO is the perfect (current) example of a company that listens, but doesn't let users/fans design their products. The people working within Apple have vision and execute it very well.

You're joking, right? Is this a troll? Can you name any concrete examples of Apple listening to its customers? I have to think that if they were listening right now, for example, they'd at least be considering an option for a screen rotation lock on the iPad, instead of touting it as a feature at launch, getting rid of it because Steve says so, and then refusing to even consider making it an option.

Apple is most certainly NOT a good example of a company that listens to its users. It's probably one of the most extreme examples of a corporation with an auteur at the head who makes every decision, rarely if ever taking the users' requests into consideration.

Don't get me wrong, that way works better for them than any other company, purely because Steve is almost always correct in his decisions as being right for the company, and frequently for their users, but again, I get no sense that they're taking user feedback to heart.