Sorry, but I haven't seen that happen on my end.

I voiced a few of my complaints on Twitter in hopes that I'd get Boxee's attention. For some reason Twitter is the only place companies go these days to communicate with their customers, even though it's a terrible way to communicate.

Anyway, the founder actually responded to me and asked for an email with my list of complaints. He also said they're working on addressing the navigation to the local media, so it sounds like they're listening.

The primary suggestion I made in my email to them is one that I feel would be easy to implement, work pretty well, and even use a system they have in place already: favorites.

I suggested that they change the home screen on the device to show favorites, and open favorites up to more aspects of the device. For instance, let me favorite an area like the local movies, or a TV show. Then just have those favorites auto-populate the home screen. It would make for a much more useful screen than they have now.

The only other suggestion I made is related to the first one: make the menu button back all the way out to the home screen. I explained how silly it was that the "home" screen is rarely seen other than when you first power on the box.