Originally Posted By: gbeer
Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Don't get me wrong, they do get a lot right, but it's the attention to detail they really miss out on. A lot of little things, that when compounded start to weight very heavy.

As both Matt and I have mentioned before, it's still the best thing out there, but it's a shame it just doesn't hit that last 10% of fit and finish.

That seems to be common mindset across many software vendors. The response I've gotten when I had a chance to ask, was sort of, a would you rather us fix the trivial problems or create new functionality.

My translation- "Hunting down and fixing "trivial" bugs is boring and frustrating, writing new stuff is fun and exciting."

I'd rather you not write functionality you don't intend to function properly. So yeah, fix the "trivial" problems.

Now if it's between "major" and "trivial" problems, then fix the "major" ones first. Bug hopefully, your "trivial" problems are trivial to fix. If they aren't, start designing better software, and for goodness sake, don't create new functionality when you can't even fix the old stuff.