*I wrote a really long post, but through it out for brevity*

Tom, sorry, but you misconstrued my comments. I was merely using a shorthand to refer to the "screen orientation issue," never did I claim they eliminated the feature.

I know you use your iPad at work, but I maintain that you're in the minority, and most people don't need a dedicated mute switch on the iPad, and for a large number of the people who do, I'd be willing to bet that holding the volume down is enough. At the very least, it sounds like an easier procedure than the one to change the orientation, particularly considering the people who use it probably need it more often than you need the mute.

But do you know what would make this entire discussion moot? One simple little option in settings. I will always be a staunch supporter of options.

Anyway, this has really gotten off topic, so I'm going to create a separate post (post, not thread) to talk about Boxee and settop boxes some more. I'm really tired of talking about Apple, and swore I wouldn't get dragged or drag myself into it again, so I give up. You guys win, Apple is always right. wink

(ps- I'm not saying they don't always have the best product, though. clearly the iPad is [still] better than the competition)

Edited by Dignan (15/11/2010 22:42)