Market prognostication time (responding to some stuff on the first page of this thead):

AppleTV has a major advantage, solely for its $99 price point. Hell, they even reduced the physical size to the point that it can literally be a Christmas stocking stuffer. Given the surprising uptake of Netflix downloads, and the fact that the 2nd-gen AppleTV supports them out of the box, that makes for a killer combination. It's easy, all too easy, to see Apple enabling third-party apps, which will bring in Pandora and all the other missing stuff without people needing to hack the box.

I'd been running Boxee on my 1st-gen AppleTV (before it overheated and crapped out), but Pandora was our #1 application for it. These days, Pandora is showing up on all kinds of other platforms, including our new Tivo Premiere (which replaced the Tivo HD that self-destructed).

Given that Tivo is keeping Pandora up, that's just enough that I'm not racing out to buy anything new. Maybe I'll try out Netflix at some point, and Tivo supports that as well. Of course, Tivo has plenty of failings (including very poor support for streaming videos from my computer), but I don't want to buy more random home theater electronics until there's real support for them, versus all this "sorry, only on your PC" filtering bull.