Okay, this is just so exciting! smile
I'm writing empeg code again!

Okay, so not very quickly, but I remembered how to cross-compile programs for the empeg, so it's a start anyway.

I wrote a modest program to talk to the BT adapter whilst it is connected to the serial port. This part, I actually just did on my (Linux) notebook, and tested/debugged it all there. Then I recompiled it for the empeg, FTP'd it over, and it works there too.

Happy Days!
smile smile smile

My plan is to continue development/testing on the laptop as much as possible, because it is quicker and more accessible than the empeg. Then once in a while bump the program back over to the empeg just to make sure it's all still good.

This could be quick, or a very long time. So don't wait around for me, Tony: you have been doing an excellent job serving yourself (and I) here, so please keep on doing so.

Long term, when(if) this gets close to parity with Tony, I think we both might agree that the Arduino is redundant: running on the empeg gives better access to more features. Eg. "Album Titles", or possibly even browsing the empeg playlists from a cooperating head unit.

I do plan to do this, but.. I have lots of plans, and so.. don't wait for me.

Cheers

EDIT: Note to self: When working from the laptop, don't use the built-in USB-UART of the Dev board, as it suffers badly from buffer bloat and consequently loses data if I so much as sneeze. Instead, use either the built-in serial port on the laptop, or a USB-serial adapter, connecting to the RX/TX pins on the board through a MAX chip.

Edited by mlord (03/11/2017 20:11)