Current status:

- I have a working car installation, with the breadboard prototype and the attached empeg velcroed to the floor of my trunk, Eutronix remote display extender is installed and working in the sunglasses holder in the ceiling up front. Works well and sound is good.

- I have a PCB on the way from Pad2Pad that should allow me to turn the prototype into a single nice little box that I can mount better and well protected in the trunk, while still allowing me to pull out the player and dock it to load tunes indoors.

- There is a bug in the software, such that high-ascii characters are displayed as an inverted question mark on the car stereo screen. So Béla Fleck and Blue Öyster Cult look funny, for example. Will work on fixing that soon.

Questions for Mark Lord and Stu:

Stu's digital interface does I2S, and its instructions seem to show some simple I2S connection pads on the empeg motherboard. There are some I2S pins on the BlueGiga development board, and there are instructions in the BlueGiga docs which say how to route the audio from the I2S pins (you have to issue a particular couple of commands to the BlueGiga chip).

Question 1:
Is it as simple as a couple of wires to connect the I2S on the empeg motherboard to the I2S pins on the BlueGiga board? Or is some buffer circuitry needed or what?

Question 2:
If I am getting my audio from I2s instead of from the audio out jacks, what features will be lost if any? Or will these all work as expected even through I2S?
- Left right time alignment?
- EQ?
- Bass/treble boost?
- Auto volume adjust?
- Volume control from front panel?