Verdict:

- Your latest Hijack code is good, I think, in my initial tests. Needs a bit more bake time but initial tests are very promising.
- I don't have to wait for anything. I simply send the track change notification with every single line of the metadata. So the host stereo gets several of those in a row in quick succession with each new track change.
- My stereo seems to be smart about it and doesn't instantly query me for metadata for every single one. It seems to realize that I did a bunch in quick succession and then queries me once for them instead of a bunch of times. And it seems to do it with the correct timing. So my fears about spamming were unfounded.
- Things seem a bit slower now than they were before, in terms of track updates on the car stereo screen. But at the moment, I think that's on me for now. I have some ideas about how to handle that, I'll think about it.
- And, of course, it totally fixes the "down down down" bug which sends four copies of the track. Which was the thing that started this all.

THANK YOU!!!

More work to come, but the current code is updated on GitHub.

Okay, but here's a potential bug.

It's something that I wonder if this is Hijack, or if this is the player app having this issue. But I've seen it a few times now, and I've seen it in both Hijack V522 and also in the latest experimental version of Hijack as well. So I don't think it's related to your very latest changes, and I don't even know if it's related to Hijack at all or if it's related to 522 or what. Also, I've seen this with no BlueGiga connected (direct serial port connection to player with PUTTY) and also with the BlueGiga connected and viewing it through the Arduino debug console.

The bug goes like this:
- Several very fast presses of the top button on the player (pause, unpause, pause, unpause several times).
- Sometimes, not every time, all serial port output from the empeg stops, halts completely, silence.
- When this happens, additional presses of the pause button to not fix the issue, it's still silent on the serial port.
- If I am connected to the empeg Serial port directly with Putty, I can press ENTER on the serial port and it fixes the problem.

Anyway, let me know if you can repro that bug and if you think it's even related to Hijack at all.

Thank you!!!