The noise is pretty faint so it's hard to be sure. It's at the level where you can't hear it unless the song has a really long faint fade-out.

The BlueGiga's ADC seems to have a "floor" or a "noise gate" where extremely quiet sounds don't get sent to the ADC at all and there's just digital silence. So for example, songs with long fade-ins or long fade-outs might have a very small bit of the quietest part of the fade cut off. The amount of noise I'm hearing is just barely on the edge of that noise gate's sensitivity level, so what I get is an intermittent thing where occasionally I hear a faint bit of noise floor appear for a second or so, then it drops below the sensitivity threshold of the noise gate then it fades out again. It's only audible if I turn up the volume on the head unit really loud. But my goal is to eliminate it completely so that even that's not a problem.

Side note: I've also looked through the commandset looing for a way to bring that noise gate's threshold setting down even further, so that it doesn't cut off even the quietest fadeouts. But I can't find any command to adjust the threshold of that noise gate. I'm already controlling the gain and the preamps and the mic bias voltage, and those are set correctly in my code, I can't find any other settings related to that.

I'm using an SSD so I can't tell if it's spinup/spindown related.

I haven't tried switching back to the 7805, I'm going to try switching forward to that isolated voltage converter instead, it comes in the mail tomorrow. If that doesn't solve the issue, I'll try comparing the three power supply types.