Separate question for you, Mark.

I have a backup Rio Car player (calling it "red" because it has a red lens) that I'm trying to use as a secondary testbed for testing the BlueGigaEmpeg. It has a very interesting problem that I'm not sure what's causing it, and I wonder if it's Hijack related or not.

Preconditions:

- Player is a Rio Car.
- Player software version installed is 2.00 Beta 13.
- Player has Hijack v524 installed.
- Hijack is configured for "Player Uses Serial Port" under "Serial Port Assignment".
- Player config.ini contains the following items:
Code:
 [Hijack]
 suppress_notify=2

[Output]
 notify=1

[Serial]
 car_rate=115200

- Player is connected to serial port and is working and looking correct in general.
- Player is not connected to BlueGigaEmpeg.
- I2S pads, on the inside of the player, are connected to the three tuner connector wires we agreed on (purple, gray and pink) based on my instructions in the BlueGigaEmpeg README.txt. Though these do not have to be connected to anything to get the repro of the problem.

Symptoms:

- Player boots normally and plays music correctly.
- Viewing the boot process on the serial port with PUTTY I see all of the empeg bootup messages clearly without any corruption. I see all the IDE test messages and I see "Hijack: intercepting config.ini" clearly.
- After seeing the message "Prolux 4 empeg car - 2.1434 Jul 24 2002", which indicates the player app has started, I stop seeing any messages/data being put out on the serial port. All the messages that I'm used to seeing with the @@ signs are not showing up at all. There is silence on the serial port.
- If I type commands into the serial such as "w" "c" "p" "n" etc., they work correctly. The player receives the commands and it does the correct thing (playing, pausing, etc.).
- I can type Q and get to the shell prompt and that works normally, all I/O works fine. I also see things like "Vcb: 0x4086d000" when I exit the shell and go back into the player.

I don't see this occur on my main Empeg Car unit. I get all the serial port messages on that unit.

Clearly I'm missing something about the way this player is configured. Something about how to make the serial port track data messages appear that I'm failing to do on this player that I did on the other player. Do you have any idea what that is?

Thanks!