Originally Posted By: mlord
It could well be (1) running too low on RAM, or (2) running out of stack space (too many nested calls, too many local variables).

Indeed, I have had that happen before in Arduino sketches. But why it would hit that condition only on that U2 album is weird. I think there's a pointer bug in some of the String functions in their compiler, and it was only triggered because the Artist string was only two characters long. I'll look through and see if it happens for other bands on my empeg which have two-character artist names. I think there might be a few of those to try, or I could edit a tag on a test song.

Quote:
Using String types instead of char * for strings results in lots of added memory usage and overhead. Arduinos don't have much to burn. smile

Totally understood, but the reason I was trying to use the String type was precisely because I didn't trust myself not to create memory-overwrite bugs when using char*. Literally the thing that happened was specifically the thing I was trying to avoid. Is that Morissetian irony, or just plain irony?