Quote:
Delete anything with a minus, and insert anything with a plus.

OK cool. But then what do I do with this line?
Code:
@@ -1861,7 +1863,7 @@ void Log(__FlashStringHelper* logMessage)

What are those changes indicating? That's the part I couldn't follow. It looked like you're making changes to that line but I don't understand what it's trying to implement. I thought maybe you were somehow changing that function definition but couldn't tell how.

I could just google that and find it out for myself I suppose! :-)

(Edit: I googled it, and it makes sense. That wasn't a change, it was the marker for which lines in the file the next set of changes applied to. Gotcha.)

Quote:
The use of "const" in a function parameter simply tells the compiler that the function will NOT be modifying the value of that parameter. So it is safe to pass both const and non-const values to it. Without "const", it really is a programming error to pass in a "const" value.

Blast, I should know that already. Thank you. Something else I could have simply googled (and I will).

Does this apply even when I'm passing in the variable by reference using the "&" symbol? In that case I was doing it to save memory rather than because I wanted to modify the contents, but in theory it could have modified its contents.

In any case, I'll make the change by adding "const" to those two functions. Thanks!

Quote:
Configuration stuff like that should perhaps be placed as close as possible to the top of the file, to make it easy to find. Or at least that's how most projects I work with seem to have done it.

OK, that's what I'm doing. There's a lot of comments around it, but that's kind of necessary for documenting what the flags actually do.

Quote:
You can fix that by configuring it as INPUT_PULLUP, and then having the switch pull it to ground (through a resistor) instead of to +5V. Problem solved.

They should have given that as an alternate example in the Arduino "button" example. Would have simplified my board design. In any case, my current board design already has the layout which includes the pulldown resistor, so I need to leave it in that configuration at the moment.