Originally Posted By: tfabris
I'm really interested in hearing how you are doing with this, now that you've got successful connectivity.

I am not doing much with it just yet. My goal with the Arduino setup was to get the pairing working with a setup as close as possible to yours.
Now that this is happening, I am going to capture some more traces, help identify/fix any glaring issues, and then work on an empeg-only implementation for my setup.

Things are more than a bit "complicated" here just now, so it could be a while before I get back onto it again, though I do hope to try with your latest code drop ASAP.

Quote:
I have a set of PCBs on their way from Pad2Pad which should make assembling one of these devices pretty easy. I could send you one if you like!

Thanks for offering the PCBs. I'm not sure I would make much use of one though, as I will be moving the Betz board inside the empeg sometime in the next couple of months. [EDIT]For now I have just hot-melt glued both the Arduino and the WT32i to the top of the empeg. smile[/EDIT]
Quote:
I also ordered a couple more Betz boards in case I fry more boards. smile

Ah yes, we do have to stop boards from dying so quickly there. smile
One suggestion I have (untested yet) is to just stuff resistors inline with each of the I2S connections. This will limit current draw in the event of a wiring or logic mistake, hopefully preventing things from frying quite as easily. Not sure of the value to use: usually people seem to employ resistors in the 100-300ohm range for that kind of thing, but perhaps even 1-Kohm would work.

To figure it out exactly, I can look up the current draw by the WT32i for those pins, and apply Ohm's Law to that along with 3.3V, and choose a resistor value that doesn't drop the voltage below a logic "1" threshold.

Or maybe there's a better way? One could go extreme and use opto-isolators to completely protect the WT32i. Or perhaps just simple diodes to guarantee correct flow direction?

Cheers

Edited by mlord (15/12/2017 18:30)